Thursday, August 10, 2006

A sad saga!

I'm a prisoner in my own home, trapped inside until Alastair comes home from work.

You see there's a dead chook in the chookhouse and I'm terrified of dead things.

I come home from work, go down to the chookhouse to let the chooks out and there, right by the door is a dead chook! I didn't stop to inspect it closely - I just went rushing inside to text Alastair hoping he would come home straight away to put me out of my misery.

And now I don't want to go outside. I don't want to go and hang some clothes on the clothesline because that is next to the chook house. And I definitely don't want to be thinking about that poor pathetic looking bundle of feathers lying on the floor, right in the way of the other chooks getting out so that they had to walk over it to get out - Yuk and double yuk!

And I keep looking out of the kitchen window - counting the remaining chooks in the chook run to make sure no others have keeled over - not that I am going to go rushing out and do anything about it if one did keel over on me.

Chicken is off the menu for quite a while in this household!

1 comment:

ElizabethB said...

As they say in the morgue: It aint the dead ones you worry about it's the live ones!
But I guess that dont help you none!You were wise to blog and cook lamb chops for tea ~ or is that dead meat too????