Friday, March 10, 2006

God restores my soul

The topic for the women's camp next weekend is "God restores my soul". I am really looking forward to it. Even just meditating on the title gives me a sense of expectancy - there is hope and promise and a depth of meaning in this one sentence.

I realise that I will not escape God's gentle probing and revealing of areas in my life that need restoring, but already for me there is a sense of the Holy Spirit going before and preparing, of not being faced with more than I can handle.

To me, in the midst of a busy few weeks, it is going to be a time of drawing aside and just being in the presence of God, of walking with Him at a slow enough pace that I can hear what He is saying to me.

My prayer is that this will be so for all the women who come.

Maybe, if I am totally honest, no cooking, fun and laughter with a bunch of other women and getting away from it all also helps me to be looking forward to camp.

3 comments:

godsgirl said...

I understand what you are saying about the break to just hear what he is saying, but please do not overlook the fact that he talks through many things and at many times - including when you are cooking lol ;)

godsgirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
If not for Christ said...

Thanks for the reminder Aliesha - you are right.
God also talks through people like you - you have a wonderful gift of encouragement - keep using it, it is a blessing for so many people.