Sunday, March 05, 2006

A cup of coffee in My name

The service has ended and I am sitting in church with Roanna when Rayd comes along with a cup of coffee for her. Seeing the husband is away in Hanmer at a school music camp and so my usual "bringer of the coffee" is not there, Rayd volunteers to bring me a coffee. As he walks away after giving me my coffee I am reminded of the verse in Mathew which says "And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water (or in my case coffee) to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

It also reminded me that God takes notice of the little things that we do in His name - attitude is as important as action.

Thanks Andrew, your kindness is appreciated.

3 comments:

amy said...

Amen. I too get this special treatment, and it is a real blessing. What a servant.

It all started last year when I happened to say "I never manage to get a cup of coffee after the service cas I'm always talking to people"... so the tradition began... and spread to Roanna when I went overseas.

Rayd said...

well i guess i'm the one that gets the better end of the deal here.

ElizabethB said...

But wait Andrew I recon there is more! Wont a cup of coffee get a better reward than water?????
It will in the opinion of some people ~ like me :) I wonder if Jesus drinks coffee too, He certainly seems to be around often when I am having a coffee with someone.