Monday, May 08, 2006

An exciting week ahead

This morning I begin a live-in course for 5 days, training to become a State School Chaplain. This is a voluntary position for 4 hours a week, and is something I have been aware of God calling me to do for a long time.

It doesn't mean I am not nervous about it, wondering how I will cope, and because this is something I am doing in obedience to God I have this little voice that occasionally whispers "You'd better not let God down either!". I know where this comes from - and it is not from God.

I am trying not to go with any preconceived ideas, but rather I see this as an equipping week, a learning week, and a confirming week.

That fact that I don't have to cook meals for 5 days has nothing to do with my sense of excitement!

1 comment:

amy said...

Hope it goes well & you enjoy not cooking for 5 days!

I think you'd be a great School Chaplin.

Did the Abraham essay help you with obeying God's call at all? ;)