Sunday, July 09, 2006

I need this holiday!

Thursday I am at work, getting ready to hand over to the person who will be doing my job while I am away. I have spent hours on training and writing notes on how to make products, including screen snaps etc.

While I am explaining some things he starts complaining about how hot it is, then he goes totally white, talks about chest pains and collapses on the floor in my office.

It was a really horrible situation - here is a person having a heart attack, I need to be leaving so I can catch the plane to Brisbane, I am totally useless at first aid, and so there is this tension going on for me - thank goodness others appeared to who knew more than more and took over the medical care - still an awful situation to be in - what to do? sacrifice your holiday? As it worked out I didn't need to but I was reminded of the good samaritan parable - when you are in that situation it isn't as cut and dried as you think it would be.

I have since heard that he has had a stent put in and is recovering.

Now I am at the Gold Coast in mid 20 degree heat and having to conserve water as they are in the middle of a drought - so opposite to what Christchurch is experiencing.

Thought briefly about the Self Denial sermon on the way to Harbour Town Shopping Centre in the bus - decided I wouldn't buy lunch out but make it back at the apartment. Will only buy stuff that has "Sale" on the Price tag.

Have to go - I hear the shops calling my name, telling me there are bargains, just for me ... or could it be the money on the internet is running out!

No comments: