Tuesday, January 10, 2006

First post for 2006

These holidays have just flown by. I've looked forward to them for so long and now I am back at work - reluctantly. Lake Brunner is so beautiful and the views were spectacular. So many lovely bush walks to enjoy and old gold mining spots to explore. Didn't have time to do all the walks and visits so definitely there are plans to go back again. Best of all was time spent as a family without the pressure of rushing in and out the door going to this place or that. We learnt to play the board game Sequence and I think this game will fast become a McGowan (and maybe a Dimock) family favourite.
Last week was time spent with Michael and Miriam - a precious time of just being with them and laughing lots. Took the opportunity (thanks to Roanna's organising skills) of having family photos taken at Cave Rock and have just got the CDs with them on. They are fantastic and I am going to have trouble choosing which ones I get printed. The first photos I looked at were just of my children - they are my children and yet looking back at me was a group of adults (a very attractive group of adults in my opinion) - my babies have grown up!! I knew that - but somehow the photo seemed to make it hit home.

No comments: