Monday, January 30, 2006

Stained Glass Masquerade

I've been listening to the Casting Crowns "Lifesong" CD that I just got - why have I just got a new CD? Maybe it has something to do with having to tick the next age bracket on those countless forms I seem to be always filling out!

Anyhow, one of the songs that has made me think quite a bit is Stained Glass Masquerade. The blurb explaining the song makes this statement "I don't think it bothers the world that we sin. I think it bothers the world that we act like we don't........"

I think there is huge truth in that statement. I have been guilty myself, of at times acting as if I have it altogether, of somehow thinking that people will be attracted to the christian life if they don't see the struggles, the hurts, the pain and the failure that happens at times in my life. I think being real is what is attractive, of having this hope, this inner strength, this power beyond human understanding, of knowing forgiveness and cleansing as we deal with all that life dishes out to us is what will make people pause and think.

1 comment:

amy said...

Amen sister ;)