Monday, February 13, 2006

Life's Lesson No 25433

How Not To Buy a Birthday Present!

When you buy your daughter a 2 seater bean bag for her birthday it pays to think about how you are going to get it home. In case you want to know, a 2 seater bean bag does not fit in the boot of a Nissan Bluebird, nor does it fit in the back seat. It may also be beneficial to know that when you are huffing and puffing and trying to squeeze the bean bag in the back seat, oil from the door catch will rub off onto the bean bag, necessitating spending an hour that night with the "Frend" stain remover to get rid of said oil stains.

It also pays to make sure your husband takes his cell phone with him that day, otherwise you end up having to ring your daughter at work to come and rescue you!! Oh, and it also pays to make sure your own cell phone is charged so you are not left wondering if your daughter heard all your instructions before the battery went flat!

Another good thing to remember is your sunnies!! They are very helpful when you are standing on the footpath in Colombo Street, trying to pretend that is perfectly normal to have a bean bag hanging out of the boot of your car, and that everybody who buys a bean bag always leans against the car so their daughter can spot them as they come to the rescue in the boss's car with the big boot!

5 comments:

Rayd said...

I have to ask. Are those numbers just random or have you written down 25433 life's lessons in the time of your life?

amy said...

You're a great mum!! A 2 seater bean-bag!!! Can you be my mum??! ;)

If not for Christ said...

I haven't written down 25433 life's lessons, but I reckon that would be a conservative guess as to how many life's lessons I have learnt. Just about every day I learn another lesson - like for instance yesterday I learnt that if you want to buy a Valentine's Day card for your husband that tells him how much he means to you then you don't leave it till lunchtime of Valentine's Day!

If not for Christ said...

Hmmm, I think Amy has only seen me on my good days.

I'm the sort of mother that makes you tidy your room, nags when you haven't done your share of the cleaning and tells you that 11.01 p.m. is too late to be blogging and you need to get to bed.

Still want me to be your Mum?

godsgirl said...

I think those moments like the bean bag and the embassing moments make life fun. It adds a bit of variety to our daily lives. *HUGS*

P.S I like the idea of having a boss that will help the employee out!! :)