Thursday, February 09, 2006

More than one catch at Elaine Bay

Beautiful weather, spectacular scenery, a calm sea, the fish biting - my idea of a perfect holiday!
Its ages since I had done any fishing, but with just a good old fashioned land line on both days we managed to catch our legal quota of blue cod in just under an hour at Elaine Bay in Pelorous Sounds.

6 months ago Hugh and Jane invited us to spend some time up there with them. I only needed to be asked once!! Saturday night Hugh told Nath and Kirsty they were on dishes. I've never had the dishes whipped away from me so quickly!! After they did the dishes Nath said he and Kirsty were going for a walk. I suggested Alastair might like to go with them to which I got a very definite NO!

Half an hour late Kirsty is bursting back into the room skipping and giggling. I think it took Jane and I at least 1 second to spot the ring on her finger!

Alastair then produced some grape juice and a cake which Nath had organized for Alastair to bring up when he arrived Friday night.

A very special time and a very special holiday.

They are planning on being married end of November.

2 comments:

If not for Christ said...

Your congratulations have been passed on and were much appreciated. Funny thinking about them both in Sunday School together. Not sure if Nath even noticed Kirsty then - if she couldn't bowl a cricket ball or throw a rugby ball then all her charm and good looks would've been wasted back then!

godsgirl said...

Please give congrats for me too. And I think its about time LOL!! ;)